East Bay News
Oakland launches reduced parking fees program in Chinatown
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Reduced parking fees are being offered as part of a pilot program to draw business to Oakland's Chinatown district just in time for the Lunar New Year, which begins Feb. 10.
The Pacific Renaissance Plaza parking garage will charge a flat rate of $2 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. from Monday through Thursday. The reduced rate will also be implemented from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Fridays but will not be in effect on weekends.
The reduced prices will continue until further notice, according to the Oakland Mayor's Office.
oakland, parking, driving, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 45 min ago
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi 23 min ago
- Northern California couple has rare triplets 4 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
54 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos