East Bay News
Teen fatally shot in downtown Oakland
Grief counselors are reaching out to students Monday after one of their classmates died in a shooting in downtown Oakland.
Mourners placed tributes at a growing memorial for Kiante Campbell at Telegraph Avenue and 20th Street.
The 18-year-old attended Ralph J. Bunche High School. He was shot and killed at Oakland's monthly First Fridays arts event.
So far, police have arrested one person in the case.
oakland, shooting, violence, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 32 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 58 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 55 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 58 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
8 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos