East Bay News
Teen fatally shot in downtown Oakland
Grief counselors are reaching out to students Monday after one of their classmates died in a shooting in downtown Oakland.
Mourners placed tributes at a growing memorial for Kiante Campbell at Telegraph Avenue and 20th Street.
The 18-year-old attended Ralph J. Bunche High School. He was shot and killed at Oakland's monthly First Fridays arts event.
So far, police have arrested one person in the case.
oakland, shooting, violence, east bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill 23 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos