East Bay News
Teen fatally shot in downtown Oakland
Grief counselors are reaching out to students Monday after one of their classmates died in a shooting in downtown Oakland.
Mourners placed tributes at a growing memorial for Kiante Campbell at Telegraph Avenue and 20th Street.
The 18-year-old attended Ralph J. Bunche High School. He was shot and killed at Oakland's monthly First Fridays arts event.
So far, police have arrested one person in the case.
oakland, shooting, violence, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos