East Bay News
Male victim found shot to death in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police are investigating an early morning homicide, a police lieutenant said Monday.
Around 2:20 a.m., there was a report of gunshots in the 400 block of McGrue Avenue, police Lt. Kenny Park said.
A passerby then discovered a male victim lying on the sidewalk near Borges Lane and Evelyn Circle and called police.
Officers found the man suffering from gunshot wounds there, along with bullet casings near him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether the report of gunfire is connected to the slaying of the male victim, Park said. The two locations are less than a quarter-mile apart.
The victim's name was not yet being released by authorities.
crime, shooting, vallejo, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 48 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point? 6 min ago
- Kitten stolen from San Francisco shelter
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to 45 min ago
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos