East Bay News
Male victim found shot to death in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police are investigating an early morning homicide, a police lieutenant said Monday.
Around 2:20 a.m., there was a report of gunshots in the 400 block of McGrue Avenue, police Lt. Kenny Park said.
A passerby then discovered a male victim lying on the sidewalk near Borges Lane and Evelyn Circle and called police.
Officers found the man suffering from gunshot wounds there, along with bullet casings near him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether the report of gunfire is connected to the slaying of the male victim, Park said. The two locations are less than a quarter-mile apart.
The victim's name was not yet being released by authorities.
crime, shooting, vallejo, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 36 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 58 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos