East Bay News
Male victim found shot to death in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police are investigating an early morning homicide, a police lieutenant said Monday.
Around 2:20 a.m., there was a report of gunshots in the 400 block of McGrue Avenue, police Lt. Kenny Park said.
A passerby then discovered a male victim lying on the sidewalk near Borges Lane and Evelyn Circle and called police.
Officers found the man suffering from gunshot wounds there, along with bullet casings near him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether the report of gunfire is connected to the slaying of the male victim, Park said. The two locations are less than a quarter-mile apart.
The victim's name was not yet being released by authorities.
crime, shooting, vallejo, east bay news
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation 23 min ago
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead 24 min ago
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves 54 min ago
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday