East Bay News
Male victim found shot to death in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police are investigating an early morning homicide, a police lieutenant said Monday.
Around 2:20 a.m., there was a report of gunshots in the 400 block of McGrue Avenue, police Lt. Kenny Park said.
A passerby then discovered a male victim lying on the sidewalk near Borges Lane and Evelyn Circle and called police.
Officers found the man suffering from gunshot wounds there, along with bullet casings near him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating whether the report of gunfire is connected to the slaying of the male victim, Park said. The two locations are less than a quarter-mile apart.
The victim's name was not yet being released by authorities.
crime, shooting, vallejo, east bay news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 21 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 59 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 27 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 58 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 46 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
36 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
59 min ago