East Bay News
Man found dead near Richmond's Lucas Park
RICHMOND, Calif. -- A man was found fatally shot near a Richmond park early Monday morning, a police lieutenant said.
Just before 3 a.m., a man believed to be in his 20s was found near the rear of Lucas Park and Playground near the train tracks that run near Pennsylvania Avenue, Richmond police Lt. Bisa French said.
An officer who was on patrol was flagged down by a witness who saw the body on the other side of the park's fence, French said.
The man was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
There was no suspect information as of this morning, French said.
richmond, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 51 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock 10 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 29 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 21 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan