East Bay News
Man found dead near Richmond's Lucas Park
RICHMOND, Calif. -- A man was found fatally shot near a Richmond park early Monday morning, a police lieutenant said.
Just before 3 a.m., a man believed to be in his 20s was found near the rear of Lucas Park and Playground near the train tracks that run near Pennsylvania Avenue, Richmond police Lt. Bisa French said.
An officer who was on patrol was flagged down by a witness who saw the body on the other side of the park's fence, French said.
The man was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
There was no suspect information as of this morning, French said.
richmond, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 54 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 54 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 51 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 55 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed