East Bay News
Man killed in San Leandro house fire
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- A man perished in a San Leandro house fire early this morning, according to an Alameda County Fire Department spokeswoman.
The man was the sole occupant of a two-bedroom house at 13115 Neptune Drive, where a fire was reported around 4:55 a.m.
Arriving crews saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the home's front door and window, fire spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
Before crews arrived at the house, neighbors tried to help put out the blaze with a garden hose and an extinguisher, Knowles said.
The man was pronounced dead at San Leandro Hospital.
Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze in about 20 minutes.
An investigation into what caused the fire is underway.
san leandro, fire, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 6 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 5 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos