East Bay News
City using dogs to chase geese from park
Leaders in Dublin are trying an alternative approach to keep Canada geese from overrunning a city park. They're using dogs to scare the geese away from the Dublin Sports Grounds.
The city is worried about the mess caused by the 250 geese who want to call it home. Their waste can be dangerous for kids who play soccer and baseball at the fields.
In the dogs' first week, they chased away about 40 percent of the geese. The dogs will stay on the job with an open-ended contract to chase the geese until they have all left.
animal, dublin, east bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 24 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body