East Bay News
City using dogs to chase geese from park
Leaders in Dublin are trying an alternative approach to keep Canada geese from overrunning a city park. They're using dogs to scare the geese away from the Dublin Sports Grounds.
The city is worried about the mess caused by the 250 geese who want to call it home. Their waste can be dangerous for kids who play soccer and baseball at the fields.
In the dogs' first week, they chased away about 40 percent of the geese. The dogs will stay on the job with an open-ended contract to chase the geese until they have all left.
animal, dublin, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 40 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 14 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla. tornado 32 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition 13 min ago
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage 5 min ago
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house...
17 min ago
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla....
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos