East Bay News
City using dogs to chase geese from park
Leaders in Dublin are trying an alternative approach to keep Canada geese from overrunning a city park. They're using dogs to scare the geese away from the Dublin Sports Grounds.
The city is worried about the mess caused by the 250 geese who want to call it home. Their waste can be dangerous for kids who play soccer and baseball at the fields.
In the dogs' first week, they chased away about 40 percent of the geese. The dogs will stay on the job with an open-ended contract to chase the geese until they have all left.
animal, dublin, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 1 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 42 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
1 min ago
- International effort underway to find...
57 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
42 min ago