East Bay News
City using dogs to chase geese from park
Leaders in Dublin are trying an alternative approach to keep Canada geese from overrunning a city park. They're using dogs to scare the geese away from the Dublin Sports Grounds.
The city is worried about the mess caused by the 250 geese who want to call it home. Their waste can be dangerous for kids who play soccer and baseball at the fields.
In the dogs' first week, they chased away about 40 percent of the geese. The dogs will stay on the job with an open-ended contract to chase the geese until they have all left.
animal, dublin, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday