East Bay News
City using dogs to chase geese from park
Leaders in Dublin are trying an alternative approach to keep Canada geese from overrunning a city park. They're using dogs to scare the geese away from the Dublin Sports Grounds.
The city is worried about the mess caused by the 250 geese who want to call it home. Their waste can be dangerous for kids who play soccer and baseball at the fields.
In the dogs' first week, they chased away about 40 percent of the geese. The dogs will stay on the job with an open-ended contract to chase the geese until they have all left.
animal, dublin, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 8 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 13 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos