East Bay News
Woman hit by stray bullet in Antioch apartment
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A stray bullet struck a woman in her apartment last night in Antioch, police said.
Shortly after 6 p.m., police received multiple reports of shots fired in the vicinity of Sycamore Drive and Manzanita Way.
One caller reported that a woman had been shot at her residence at 1410 Sycamore Drive, according to police.
Upon arrival, officers interviewed witnesses, who said a man had been standing in the street on Manzanita Way and shooting at a pick-up truck that was driving past him.
According to police, one bullet went through a second story window and struck a 31-year-old woman.
The victim was in her bedroom with her young son when she was struck, police said.
The victim's injuries are not considered to be life threatening, police said.
No suspect is in custody and the shooting remains under investigation, according to police.
antioch, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 7 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday