East Bay News
Woman hit by stray bullet in Antioch apartment
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A stray bullet struck a woman in her apartment last night in Antioch, police said.
Shortly after 6 p.m., police received multiple reports of shots fired in the vicinity of Sycamore Drive and Manzanita Way.
One caller reported that a woman had been shot at her residence at 1410 Sycamore Drive, according to police.
Upon arrival, officers interviewed witnesses, who said a man had been standing in the street on Manzanita Way and shooting at a pick-up truck that was driving past him.
According to police, one bullet went through a second story window and struck a 31-year-old woman.
The victim was in her bedroom with her young son when she was struck, police said.
The victim's injuries are not considered to be life threatening, police said.
No suspect is in custody and the shooting remains under investigation, according to police.
antioch, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 7 min ago
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos