East Bay News
Pittsburg cop shot while chasing suspect last night
PITTSBURG, Calif. -- A fleeing suspect was arrested after shooting a police officer in Pittsburg late Tuesday night, a police lieutenant said.
At about 11:30 p.m., two Pittsburg police officers attempted to make contact with the suspect near the intersection of Maple and East 12th streets, Pittsburg police Lt. Ron Raman said.
The suspect, a 30-year-old Oakley resident, fled from the officers on foot as they approached. The suspect then drew a firearm and shot at the officers, hitting one of them, Raman said.
Both officers returned fire, and the suspect was struck. He was taken to a hospital and is in stable condition, Raman said.
The wounded police officer was treated at a hospital and has been released, according to police.
The suspect, whose name has not been released, was taken into custody, police said.
pittsburg, shooting, crime, east bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, two dead 2 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos