East Bay News
Chase from Antioch ends in crash on Hwy 4
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A woman wearing a wig led police on a vehicle pursuit from Antioch to Pittsburg in a stolen vehicle before crashing on state Highway 4 early this morning, according to an Antioch police sergeant.
The vehicle pursuit began around 18th and A streets in Antioch at about 1:30 a.m., according to Antioch police Sergeant Mitch Schwitters.
Antioch police pursued the suspect vehicle until the driver took the Harbor Street exit from state Highway 4, whereupon she crashed into a guardrail and came to a stop, Schwitters said.
The suspect attempted to flee police on foot, but was detained and taken into custody, Schwitters said.
According to police, the suspect is a 32-year-old transient woman who is frequently seen in Antioch and known to police.
Schwitters said the suspect had warrants out for her arrest and may have been attempting to evade police with her disguise.
antioch, crime, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos