East Bay News
Chase from Antioch ends in crash on Hwy 4
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A woman wearing a wig led police on a vehicle pursuit from Antioch to Pittsburg in a stolen vehicle before crashing on state Highway 4 early this morning, according to an Antioch police sergeant.
The vehicle pursuit began around 18th and A streets in Antioch at about 1:30 a.m., according to Antioch police Sergeant Mitch Schwitters.
Antioch police pursued the suspect vehicle until the driver took the Harbor Street exit from state Highway 4, whereupon she crashed into a guardrail and came to a stop, Schwitters said.
The suspect attempted to flee police on foot, but was detained and taken into custody, Schwitters said.
According to police, the suspect is a 32-year-old transient woman who is frequently seen in Antioch and known to police.
Schwitters said the suspect had warrants out for her arrest and may have been attempting to evade police with her disguise.
antioch, crime, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday