East Bay News
Chase from Antioch ends in crash on Hwy 4
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A woman wearing a wig led police on a vehicle pursuit from Antioch to Pittsburg in a stolen vehicle before crashing on state Highway 4 early this morning, according to an Antioch police sergeant.
The vehicle pursuit began around 18th and A streets in Antioch at about 1:30 a.m., according to Antioch police Sergeant Mitch Schwitters.
Antioch police pursued the suspect vehicle until the driver took the Harbor Street exit from state Highway 4, whereupon she crashed into a guardrail and came to a stop, Schwitters said.
The suspect attempted to flee police on foot, but was detained and taken into custody, Schwitters said.
According to police, the suspect is a 32-year-old transient woman who is frequently seen in Antioch and known to police.
Schwitters said the suspect had warrants out for her arrest and may have been attempting to evade police with her disguise.
antioch, crime, east bay news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos