East Bay News
Hillside Elementary in unincorporated Alameda County closed today due to police activity
UNINCORPORATED ALAMEDA COUNTY -- Hillside Elementary School in unincorporated Alameda County will be closed today due to a fatal shooting investigation.
At about 8:45 p.m., the Alameda County Sheriff's Office received a report of shots fired at the school located at 15980 Marcella St., near San Leandro.
When deputies arrived at the school they found a young man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was transported to Eden Medical Center, where he died from his injuries, deputies said.
Homicide investigators are continuing to piece together the events leading up to the shooting.
This is the first homicide of the year for the Alameda County Sheriff's Office, according to deputies.
alameda county, san leandro, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday