East Bay News
Hillside Elementary in unincorporated Alameda County closed today due to police activity
UNINCORPORATED ALAMEDA COUNTY -- Hillside Elementary School in unincorporated Alameda County will be closed today due to a fatal shooting investigation.
At about 8:45 p.m., the Alameda County Sheriff's Office received a report of shots fired at the school located at 15980 Marcella St., near San Leandro.
When deputies arrived at the school they found a young man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was transported to Eden Medical Center, where he died from his injuries, deputies said.
Homicide investigators are continuing to piece together the events leading up to the shooting.
This is the first homicide of the year for the Alameda County Sheriff's Office, according to deputies.
alameda county, san leandro, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos