East Bay News
Man arrested in connection with home burglaries
DANVILLE, Calif. -- A 25-year-old man was arrested Thursday morning in connection with a series of home burglaries in the Danville and Blackhawk areas since mid-December, police said.
Charles Ratazak, of Danville, was taken into custody on multiple charges after a search warrant was served at a home in the 100 block of Narcissus Court in Danville around 11:30 a.m., police said.
He was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility on suspicion of possessing stolen property and controlled substance for sale and on a probation violation, police said.
The arrest stems from reports of items taken from homes in Danville and Blackhawk neighborhoods since December.
One resident set up a camera and shared with police surveillance footage showing a suspect entering a home. Another caller from Blackhawk reported similar incidents at a home there, police said.
danville, crime, east bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 2 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday