East Bay News
Man arrested in connection with home burglaries
DANVILLE, Calif. -- A 25-year-old man was arrested Thursday morning in connection with a series of home burglaries in the Danville and Blackhawk areas since mid-December, police said.
Charles Ratazak, of Danville, was taken into custody on multiple charges after a search warrant was served at a home in the 100 block of Narcissus Court in Danville around 11:30 a.m., police said.
He was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility on suspicion of possessing stolen property and controlled substance for sale and on a probation violation, police said.
The arrest stems from reports of items taken from homes in Danville and Blackhawk neighborhoods since December.
One resident set up a camera and shared with police surveillance footage showing a suspect entering a home. Another caller from Blackhawk reported similar incidents at a home there, police said.
danville, crime, east bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos