East Bay News
21-year-old ID'd as driver killed in SUV crash
HAYWARD, Calif. -- A 21-year-old man has been identified as the victim in a fatal crash in Hayward late Thursday night, according to the Alameda County coroner's bureau.
Jose Gomez-Jacobo, whose city of residence was not immediately available, was killed in a crash reported around 11:30 p.m. near 30640 San Clemente St., police said.
A Ford SUV was found with Gomez-Jacobo in the driver's seat, police said.
Police believe the vehicle was traveling north on San Clemente Street as it approached San Antonio Street when it went off the roadway.
The SUV crashed into a fire hydrant and then a tree, causing major damage to the driver's side of the car.
Gomez-Jacobo was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Based on the extent of damage done to the vehicle, police said it is possible that speed may have been a factor in the crash.
Police have not determined whether drug or alcohol use were contributing factors in the accident.
crash, hayward, east bay news
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 56 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos