East Bay News
Toll lane closed at Richmond San-Rafael Bridge
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- A toll lane on the Richmond San-Rafael Bridge will stay closed for most of Sunday, so that crews can finish installing a new automated toll collection system.
The lane is scheduled to re-open in time for Monday morning's commute. The current toll system is 15 years old and officials say it needs to be replaced.
Currently, there are no plans to remove all toll-takers from the state-run bridge.
richmond, richmond san rafael bridge, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday