East Bay News
Ex-con charged with murdering artist last June
OAKLAD, Calif. -- OAKLAND (BCN) A convicted burglar has been charged with murder for the stabbing death of award-winning artist Michael Thorn Bradley in West Oakland last June, according to prosecutors.
The decomposed body of Bradley, 67, was found at his duplex in the 3300 block of Market Street at about 9:20 a.m. on June 14.
The Alameda County District Attorney's Office alleges in a criminal complaint it filed against 59-year-old Gregory Hall earlier this week that he murdered Bradley with a knife sometime between June 11 and June 14.
If he is convicted, Hall could face a lengthy state prison term because he is being prosecuted under California's three strikes law, as he has prior convictions for first-degree residential burglary in 1997 and 1999.
According to Bradley's website, he was born in New York City and obtained bachelor's, master's and master of fine arts degrees from the University of California at Berkeley between 1971 and 1974.
Bradley's honors included winning the KQED Artist's Award in 1974, the Purchase Prize at the San Francisco Arts Festival in 1974, and the Bookbuilder's West Award in San Francisco in 1977 and 1984, according to the website.
He also won the William Andrews Clark Western Books Award in New York in 1984 and the Regional Design Annual Award in New York in 1984. </p
crime, murder, oakland, OPD, east bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday