East Bay News
2 suffer major injuries after Fremont crash
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- A wrong-way driver collided with at least three other vehicles in Fremont, causing a dangerous chemical leak.
It happened just before 8 p.m. Thursday on Ardenwood Boulevard near Paseo Padre Parkway. One of the cars involved was carrying pool chemicals that spilled.
The wrong-way driver was taken to Eden Medical Center with major injuries. Another person was also hospitalized.
Both directions of Ardenwood near that intersection were closed for hours as police continue to investigate.
fremont, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 51 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
31 min ago