East Bay News
Victim shot in the leg in Bay Point near McDonald's
BAY POINT, Calif. -- One person was injured in a shooting near a McDonald's restaurant in Bay Point late this morning, a sheriff's lieutenant said.
Deputies were called to the scene of the shooting near the intersection of Mims Avenue and Canal Road around 11:50 a.m., Contra Costa County Sheriff's Lt. David Hartman said.
The victim, an unidentified male, had been shot in the leg.
He was taken to a hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
An investigation into the shooting is underway, and the sheriff's office did not have any leads on suspects as of this afternoon, Hartman said.
shooting, bay point, crime, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012 35 min ago
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message 13 min ago
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos