East Bay News
Fire destroys building at mobile home park
CONCORD, Calif. -- An early morning fire gutted a building at a Concord mobile home park but did not damage any homes, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District official said Tuesday.
Fire crews responded around 2:45 a.m. to reports of a fire at The Trees Mobile Home Park at 10 The Trees Drive, Fire Marshal Lewis Broschard said.
When they arrived, crews saw what appears to have been a utility building or other non-residential structure engulfed in flames, Broschard said.
Firefighters were able to get inside the building to attack the blaze and knocked it down in about 20 minutes, he said.
They kept the flames from spreading to nearby homes and cars, and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
concord, fire, east bay news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 13 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday