East Bay News
Union City police fatally shoot suspect after foot chase
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Union City police officers shot and killed an armed suspect Saturday evening. The shooting happened at 10:00 p.m. on Dyer Street south of Meteor Way, after two patrol officers attempted to stop a vehicle.
The suspect got out of the car and tried to run away, but officers were able to catch up to him. Police say the man reached into his waistband and pulled out a handgun, aiming it at the officers. That's when police fired their guns and shot the suspect several times.
The suspect was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police say they found a loaded gun at the scene.
Both officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave. The shooting is under investigation.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the shooting to please call the Union City Police Department.
shooting, hayward, east bay news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 45 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 20 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos