East Bay News
Union City police fatally shoot suspect after foot chase
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Union City police officers shot and killed an armed suspect Saturday evening. The shooting happened at 10:00 p.m. on Dyer Street south of Meteor Way, after two patrol officers attempted to stop a vehicle.
The suspect got out of the car and tried to run away, but officers were able to catch up to him. Police say the man reached into his waistband and pulled out a handgun, aiming it at the officers. That's when police fired their guns and shot the suspect several times.
The suspect was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police say they found a loaded gun at the scene.
Both officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave. The shooting is under investigation.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the shooting to please call the Union City Police Department.
shooting, hayward, east bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival 58 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun 58 min ago
- Man prefers 3D-printed hand to pricey prostheses 23 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos