East Bay News
Runaway horses shutdown East Bay off-ramp
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities had to round up a couple of horses on the loose that forced the shutdown of a freeway off-ramp.
The horses were spotted trotting along in Contra Costa County -- in the Martinez area, around 2 a.m..
Officials say the two horses, walked up to the Pacheco off-ramp on northbound I-680 and were just hanging out. The CHP, along with animal control and the sheriff's department, were all called on scene and helped take them to safety. The off ramp re-opened a short time later.
contra costa county, martinez, east bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers 58 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos