East Bay News
Marlo Thomas encourages women at East Bay conference
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- Former 1960s sitcom star and renowned feminist Marlo Thomas is not done fighting for women's rights.
About 500 women came out to hear Thomas speak at the East Bay Women's Conference in San Ramon. Thomas told the crowd the women's movement still has a long way to go for women to have the same rights and pay as men.
I was at the event as master of ceremonies. Thomas told me she supports the conference because it gives women the tools to follow their dreams.
"It's just not too late to have another dream. And if your dream ran out, and a lot of women's dreams do run out, or your dream just never happened, make a new dream. Make a new dream," said Thomas.
The conference also allows women to attend special sessions on personal development, leadership, health and finance. It has sold out every year since it started in 2006.
san ramon, east bay news, dan ashley
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 22 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos