East Bay News
Walmart theft prompts police pursuit, ends in crash
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Police say, a Vallejo man was arrested in American Canyon early Saturday morning after allegedly robbing the local WalMart at gunpoint and leading police on a 2-mile chase that ended with a crash into a patrol car.
Police got a call around 4:30 a.m. from security officers at the Walmart at 7011 Main St. reporting that a man stole a TV and said he had a gun when confronted.
The man jumped into a car and drove onto state Highway 29, where officers spotted him a short time later.
When officers attempted to stop the car, the suspect sped away and drove into a mobile home park on American Canyon Road, police said.
The chase ended with the suspect crashing into one of the police patrol cars following him.
Officers quickly apprehended the suspect, identified as 64-year-old Robert Craig of Vallejo. He was arrested on suspicion of robbery, evading police and resisting arrest and transported to a local hospital for minor injuries before being taken to jail, police said.
No other injuries were reported.
crime, vallejo, east bay news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos