East Bay News
Man shot dead in unincorporated Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. -- Police say, an unidentified man was shot to death in unincorporated Hayward early Saturday morning.
Officers found the man suffering from a gunshot wound in a trailer parked in the backyard of a home near Princeton Street and Sunset Boulevard, Alameda County Sheriff's Sgt. J.D. Nelson said.
Police received had reports of multiple gunshots fired in the area a short time after midnight, he said.
The victim, who appeared to be in his late 20s, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died from his injuries.
No other injuries were reported in the shooting.
Nelson said the sheriff's office has not identified a suspect. Investigators are questioning possible witnesses in the area this morning as part of the homicide investigation, he said.
Sheriff's and coroner's personnel are working to identify the victim.
crime, shooting, hayward, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday