East Bay News
Man shot dead in unincorporated Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. -- Police say, an unidentified man was shot to death in unincorporated Hayward early Saturday morning.
Officers found the man suffering from a gunshot wound in a trailer parked in the backyard of a home near Princeton Street and Sunset Boulevard, Alameda County Sheriff's Sgt. J.D. Nelson said.
Police received had reports of multiple gunshots fired in the area a short time after midnight, he said.
The victim, who appeared to be in his late 20s, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died from his injuries.
No other injuries were reported in the shooting.
Nelson said the sheriff's office has not identified a suspect. Investigators are questioning possible witnesses in the area this morning as part of the homicide investigation, he said.
Sheriff's and coroner's personnel are working to identify the victim.
crime, shooting, hayward, east bay news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 41 min ago
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies 20 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos