East Bay News
One adult, one juvenile arrested after burglary attempt
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police arrested two people Friday after a woman reported suspects trying to break into her home through a back door.
A resident on the 2900 block of Gulf Drive told police that two unknown suspects rang the doorbell shortly before 11 a.m., according to Sgt. Randy Boggs.
The victim looked out the peephole and chose not to answer, but the suspects continued to ring the bell.
A short time later, one of the suspects entered the backyard, and the victim reported seeing him prying at the rear slider door, Boggs said. When the victim yelled, the suspect fled the scene.
Police searched the area and detained two suspects walking on Pecan Circle near Hickory Avenue. The victim was able to positively identify them, Boggs said.
Fairfield resident Demarrea Gordon, 21, was arrested on suspicion of attempted residential burglary and conspiracy, as well as contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A 15-year-old Fairfield girl was also arrested and booked into Solano County Juvenile Hall.
crime, fairfield, east bay news
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 8 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case