East Bay News
One adult, one juvenile arrested after burglary attempt
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police arrested two people Friday after a woman reported suspects trying to break into her home through a back door.
A resident on the 2900 block of Gulf Drive told police that two unknown suspects rang the doorbell shortly before 11 a.m., according to Sgt. Randy Boggs.
The victim looked out the peephole and chose not to answer, but the suspects continued to ring the bell.
A short time later, one of the suspects entered the backyard, and the victim reported seeing him prying at the rear slider door, Boggs said. When the victim yelled, the suspect fled the scene.
Police searched the area and detained two suspects walking on Pecan Circle near Hickory Avenue. The victim was able to positively identify them, Boggs said.
Fairfield resident Demarrea Gordon, 21, was arrested on suspicion of attempted residential burglary and conspiracy, as well as contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A 15-year-old Fairfield girl was also arrested and booked into Solano County Juvenile Hall.
crime, fairfield, east bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 39 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos