East Bay News
Pedestrian fatally struck on Hwy 4 in East Bay
UNINCORPORATED DISCOVERY BAY -- All lanes of eastbound state Highway 4, near Newport Drive, in unincorporated Discovery Bay were temporarily closed after a fatal crash this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
CHP responded to a report of a car hitting a pedestrian on eastbound Highway 4, around Newport Drive, at about 12:20 a.m., Officer Eric Anderson said.
The pedestrian, whose age and gender were not available, was pronounced dead at the scene, Anderson said.
Details of the crash were not immediately available.
discovery bay, contra costa county, highway 4, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 5 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 6 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos