East Bay News
Pedestrian fatally struck on Hwy 4 in East Bay
UNINCORPORATED DISCOVERY BAY -- All lanes of eastbound state Highway 4, near Newport Drive, in unincorporated Discovery Bay were temporarily closed after a fatal crash this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
CHP responded to a report of a car hitting a pedestrian on eastbound Highway 4, around Newport Drive, at about 12:20 a.m., Officer Eric Anderson said.
The pedestrian, whose age and gender were not available, was pronounced dead at the scene, Anderson said.
Details of the crash were not immediately available.
discovery bay, contra costa county, highway 4, east bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 6 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 8 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 16 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
6 min ago