East Bay News
Wells Fargo robbed in Pleasanton, suspect at large
PLEASANTON, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in identifying and locating a man who robbed a bank in Pleasanton Tuesday morning.
The Wells Fargo at 4765 Hopyard Road was robbed at about 11:10 a.m., police said.
The man approached a teller with a note that said he was robbing the bank.
The suspect ran away with cash stolen from the bank. Witnesses did not see the man with a weapon or a vehicle, police said.
He is described as a black man between 30 and 40 years old, standing between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall, weighing between 160 and 175 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and a goatee.
During the robbery he was wearing a light colored long-sleeve shirt, blue or gray pants and sunglasses. He spoke with a Jamaican or similar accent.
Anyone who has seen the man has been asked to call Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.
pleasanton, crime, wells fargo, east bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 1 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 36 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
36 min ago