East Bay News
Wells Fargo robbed in Pleasanton, suspect at large
PLEASANTON, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in identifying and locating a man who robbed a bank in Pleasanton Tuesday morning.
The Wells Fargo at 4765 Hopyard Road was robbed at about 11:10 a.m., police said.
The man approached a teller with a note that said he was robbing the bank.
The suspect ran away with cash stolen from the bank. Witnesses did not see the man with a weapon or a vehicle, police said.
He is described as a black man between 30 and 40 years old, standing between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall, weighing between 160 and 175 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and a goatee.
During the robbery he was wearing a light colored long-sleeve shirt, blue or gray pants and sunglasses. He spoke with a Jamaican or similar accent.
Anyone who has seen the man has been asked to call Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.
pleasanton, crime, wells fargo, east bay news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF 38 min ago
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown 30 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation 56 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated 25 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tyler, the Creator plays sold-out show after jail
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000 48 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 15 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 10 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Final words from jet came after system...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos