East Bay News
Chez Panisse cancels more reservations after fire
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Chef Alice Waters' world-famous Berkeley restaurant, Chez Panisse is pushing back its re-opening following a destructive fire.
Flames burned through the restaurant on Shattuck Ave. last Friday. Initially, the restaurant's website stated all reservations would be canceled through March 23. The website has now been updated informing the public that reservations will be canceled through March 30.
It's still not clear what started the fire, although investigators believe it may have started due to an electrical problem.
berkeley, restaurants, fire, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 38 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 50 min ago