East Bay News
Results of investigation into CHP officer's murder released
We've just received the results of an investigation into the murder of California Highway Patrol Officer Kenyon Youngstrom who was killed on a Contra Costa County freeway last year.
Christopher Lacy shot Youngstrom on the shoulder of Interstate 680 in Alamo last September. The Contra Costa County Sheriff's investigation looked into the 36-year-old gunman's background.
Investigators found that Lacy suffered a mental breakdown while attending college and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. The handgun he used during the freeway attack was lawfully bought and registered.
And investigators say they found no indication that Lacy was going to kill law enforcement officers.
Lacy was killed by Youngstrom's partner, Officer Tyler Carlton.
shooting, CHP, contra costa county, guns, mental health, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 28 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 8 min ago
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 35 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 49 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 40 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos