East Bay News
5 Hayward middle school students fall ill after eating laced brownies
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Five students at Hayward's Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School fell ill today after eating brownies laced with some unknown substance.
It happened around 10:30 a.m.
The five students were evaluated by firefighters, but no one had to be taken to the hospital.
Police tell us they do not know what the brownies were laced with, but both the school and detectives are investigating the incident.
hayward, drugs, children, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 45 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos