East Bay News
5 Hayward middle school students fall ill after eating laced brownies
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Five students at Hayward's Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School fell ill today after eating brownies laced with some unknown substance.
It happened around 10:30 a.m.
The five students were evaluated by firefighters, but no one had to be taken to the hospital.
Police tell us they do not know what the brownies were laced with, but both the school and detectives are investigating the incident.
hayward, drugs, children, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos