East Bay News
All lanes of Highway 580 open after crash kills man
OAKLAND, Calif. -- All lanes of eastbound Interstate Highway 580 in Oakland have opened after an accident killed a man Sunday morning.
The accident was first reported around 12:20 a.m., when a man was hit by a car on Highway 580 near Dutton Avenue in Oakland, the CHP said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 12:59 a.m., blocking the three right lanes, the CHP said. It was lifted at 2:07 a.m.
crash, oakland, I-580, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 5 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 50 min ago
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 25 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday