East Bay News
All lanes of Highway 580 open after crash kills man
OAKLAND, Calif. -- All lanes of eastbound Interstate Highway 580 in Oakland have opened after an accident killed a man Sunday morning.
The accident was first reported around 12:20 a.m., when a man was hit by a car on Highway 580 near Dutton Avenue in Oakland, the CHP said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 12:59 a.m., blocking the three right lanes, the CHP said. It was lifted at 2:07 a.m.
crash, oakland, I-580, east bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 57 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos