East Bay News
All lanes of Highway 580 open after crash kills man
OAKLAND, Calif. -- All lanes of eastbound Interstate Highway 580 in Oakland have opened after an accident killed a man Sunday morning.
The accident was first reported around 12:20 a.m., when a man was hit by a car on Highway 580 near Dutton Avenue in Oakland, the CHP said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 12:59 a.m., blocking the three right lanes, the CHP said. It was lifted at 2:07 a.m.
crash, oakland, I-580, east bay news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 15 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 48 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos