East Bay News
Alice Waters says Berkeley's Chez Panisse will reopen in June
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley's world famous Chez Panisse will not be back in business until June. It has been closed since an early morning fire heavily damaged the award winning restaurant on March 8.
Owner and Chef Alice Waters posted a message on the company website stating that she is confident the restaurant will be ready for customers the first week of June.
The new building will be the same size, but will include some Japanese and American craftsman style elements.
Waters has business-interruption insurance, so her staff will continue to be paid during the rebuilding process.
berkeley, restaurants, fire, east bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 15 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 14 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad 59 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
14 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after...
59 min ago