East Bay News
Brentwood man accused of molesting child for years
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- A Brentwood man was arrested Tuesday after a victim alleged he had been sexually assaulted for years as a boy beginning about 20 years ago, Brentwood police said Thursday.
Gordon Blake, 52, was arrested Tuesday after an investigation revealed alleged repeated acts of sexual molestation starting when the victim was 10 years old.
The alleged abuse continued for the next six years, occurring in Blake's home and at the community pool at 180 Cottonwood Common in Brentwood, police said.
The Police Department started their investigation in January after the now adult victim reported he was sexually abused about 20 years ago.
Blake was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility where he remains on $1.4 million bail, police said.
Bobbi Spinola with the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office said he has been charged with 11 felony counts of lewd acts on an underage child and an additional four charges for performing lewd acts on a child between 14 and 15.
He is scheduled to appear in Contra Costa County Superior Court in Martinez Friday morning to be arraigned, according to Spinola.
Police are asking anyone who was exposed to Blake at the pool or elsewhere to call Brentwood police Detective Todd Orlando at (925) 809-7759.
brentwood, children, child abuse, sex crimes, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 32 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 12 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision 24 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday