East Bay News
Brentwood man accused of molesting child for years
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- A Brentwood man was arrested Tuesday after a victim alleged he had been sexually assaulted for years as a boy beginning about 20 years ago, Brentwood police said Thursday.
Gordon Blake, 52, was arrested Tuesday after an investigation revealed alleged repeated acts of sexual molestation starting when the victim was 10 years old.
The alleged abuse continued for the next six years, occurring in Blake's home and at the community pool at 180 Cottonwood Common in Brentwood, police said.
The Police Department started their investigation in January after the now adult victim reported he was sexually abused about 20 years ago.
Blake was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility where he remains on $1.4 million bail, police said.
Bobbi Spinola with the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office said he has been charged with 11 felony counts of lewd acts on an underage child and an additional four charges for performing lewd acts on a child between 14 and 15.
He is scheduled to appear in Contra Costa County Superior Court in Martinez Friday morning to be arraigned, according to Spinola.
Police are asking anyone who was exposed to Blake at the pool or elsewhere to call Brentwood police Detective Todd Orlando at (925) 809-7759.
brentwood, children, child abuse, sex crimes, east bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event 50 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 10 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos