East Bay News
Students march in honor of Cesar Chavez
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Young people in the Bay Area marked this Cesar Chavez holiday with a rally and march for immigrant rights at De La Fuente Plaza in Oakland's Fruitvale district.
The students called for full citizenship for all immigrants, and open borders at the rally.
After the rally, the student's marched through downtown Oakland.
oakland, mexico, immigration, east bay news
- CHP issues Amber Alert for child abducted from Long Beach 2 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 58 min ago