East Bay News
Concord police investigating fatal shooting of Brentwood man
CONCORD, Calif. -- Police in Concord are investigating a shooting that killed a Brentwood man Saturday night, a police lieutenant said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the parking lot of 1090 Mi Casa Court, near Monument Boulevard, at about 8:20 p.m., Lt. Steve Dyer said.
A large family party was being held when two men got into an altercation and shots were fired, Dyer said.
When officers arrived, they found Ismael Garcia Ramirez, 25, suffering from a fatal gunshot wound to the upper body, according to Dyer.
Witnesses provided information that led officers to the identification of a suspect car that was seen fleeing the scene, Dyer said.
The car was found in the 1200 block of Monument Boulevard near Victory Lane. Officers contacted the suspect, 29-year-old Vincent Ochoa, of Concord, arrested him, and booked him on suspicion of first-degree homicide, Dyer said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Concord police at (925) 603-5922 or anonymously to (925) 603-5836.
concord, brentwood, crime, shooting, east bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 38 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 25 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday