East Bay News
Documentary film director Les Blank dies from bladder cancer
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Independent film director Les Blank died Sunday from bladder cancer at his home in the Berkeley hills.
Blank averaged a film a year over his 40-year career and focused on the unique and overlooked.
He became known internationally for his lively and moving documentaries on people who have a passion for life.
celebrity, cancer, east bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 54 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 17 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 37 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 30 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 17 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
17 min ago