East Bay News
Berkeley students to march for immigration reform in D.C.
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A bi-partisan Senate panel has suggested that a bill bringing comprehensive immigration reform, across the United States could be done as soon as this week.
Meanwhile, a group of U.C. Berkeley students are demanding the bill include a path to full citizenship.
About 54 students will make the trip to Washington D.C. where they plan to join students from other universities for a march on the nation's capital.
The students believe that immigrants who are already in the country, belong here and are a part of the American fabric.
berkeley, uc berkeley, immigration, east bay news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 10 min ago
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 24 min ago
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
5 min ago