East Bay News
Berkeley students to march for immigration reform in D.C.
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A bi-partisan Senate panel has suggested that a bill bringing comprehensive immigration reform, across the United States could be done as soon as this week.
Meanwhile, a group of U.C. Berkeley students are demanding the bill include a path to full citizenship.
About 54 students will make the trip to Washington D.C. where they plan to join students from other universities for a march on the nation's capital.
The students believe that immigrants who are already in the country, belong here and are a part of the American fabric.
berkeley, uc berkeley, immigration, east bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials 53 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem 19 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 49 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos