East Bay News
Automated toll system to be installed on San Mateo Bridge
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Motorists who use the San Mateo Bridge should expect delays over the next two weeks as work begins to install a new automated toll collection system.
Starting on Friday at 7 p.m., the far left lane of the westbound approach to the toll plaza will be closed for upgrades in the two carpool toll lanes on the left hand side.
That work should wrap up by 5 a.m. on Monday.
Then the following weekend, closures will affect the FasTrak only lanes. Weekday travelers will also be impacted by one toll lane closure each day as part of the project.
hayward, san mateo bridge, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 24 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos