East Bay News
Automated toll system to be installed on San Mateo Bridge
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Motorists who use the San Mateo Bridge should expect delays over the next two weeks as work begins to install a new automated toll collection system.
Starting on Friday at 7 p.m., the far left lane of the westbound approach to the toll plaza will be closed for upgrades in the two carpool toll lanes on the left hand side.
That work should wrap up by 5 a.m. on Monday.
Then the following weekend, closures will affect the FasTrak only lanes. Weekday travelers will also be impacted by one toll lane closure each day as part of the project.
hayward, san mateo bridge, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos