East Bay News
Oakland fire knocked down, possible marijuana grow inside
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Firefighters in Oakland have knocked down a one-alarm blaze in the 5800 block of Foothill Boulevard this afternoon, according to the fire department.
Crews responded to a report of a fire on the second floor of a commercial building at about 3:30 p.m., fire officials said.
The fire was knocked down at 3:38 p.m. Firefighters discovered a possible marijuana grow operation inside the burning building, according to officials.
oakland, fire, marijuana, drugs, east bay news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 6 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 25 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
6 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
59 min ago