East Bay News
Oakland mom arrested for leaving 4-month-old girl in car while shopping
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- An Oakland woman was arrested in San Leandro Wednesday for leaving her 4-month-old girl in her car while she went shopping, police said.
Officers responded to a report of an infant left unattended in a car at the Marina Square Shopping Center in the 1200 block of Marina Boulevard at about 12:25 p.m., according to police.
When officers arrived, they found the baby sitting in a child car seat, police said.
The temperature at the time of the officers' arrival was approaching 80 degrees, according to police.
Officers searched several stores for the infant's guardian and eventually found her mother, identified as Robin Chan, shopping in a store, police said.
Chan had no logical explanation for leaving her child in the car unattended and was arrested for child neglect and transported to jail, according to police.
The baby's father responded to the scene and took custody of his daughter after medical personnel evaluated her and determined her to be OK, police said.
children, san leandro, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 16 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 42 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 45 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 39 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 42 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos