East Bay News
Margo Bennett named UC Berkeley's new police chief
BERKELEY, Calif. -- UC Berkeley named its new police chief on Thursday. Margo Bennett has been serving as interim police chief since December.
Bennett has been a captain with the University California Police Department for more than 35 years. Her law enforcement experience ranges from community policing work to investigating major crimes at the federal level.
Bennett plans to work closely with students, faculty and staff to build relationships across campus.
berkeley, east bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 5 min ago
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday