East Bay News
Teen brother, sister killed in Richmond shooting Thursday night
RICHMOND, Calif. -- A brother and sister were shot and killed in Richmond on Thursday night, a police lieutenant said.
Richmond residents Darian Holly, 16, and his sister Mercedes Williams, 19, were standing with a group of people in front of a home in the 4100 block of McLaughlin Street around 9:45 p.m. when two suspects approached and opened fire, Richmond police Lt. Bisa French said.
The siblings were struck by the gunfire and pronounced dead at the scene, French said.
The two male suspects ran away and also shot at a vehicle, but the sole occupant of the car was not struck, French said.
The pair then got into a dark blue vehicle and drove south away from the scene, French said.
The two remain at large as of this morning, she said.
Other members of the group were not injured in the shooting, French said.
crime, richmond, shooting, east bay news
- Two fires break out near each other in Hayward 34 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 32 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos