East Bay News
Oakland police search for suspect over attempted robbery, shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are searching for a man who allegedly shot another man during an attempted robbery in Oakland Saturday night.
It happened at 9:30 p.m. on Manila Avenue and Clifton Street in the upscale Rockridge neighborhood.
Police say someone held up a man at gunpoint and then shot him. The gunman then ran away without taking anything from the victim.
A man who lives in the neighborhood told ABC7 News he has seen an increase of crime there.
"People are definitely concerned that they might consider it upon themselves to arm themselves at this point. I think it's becoming evident that is the case," resident Gregory Smith said.
The victim's condition is unknown at this time.
crime, OPD, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday