East Bay News
Yusef Bey IV defense attorney may lose license for smuggling hit list
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- An East Bay lawyer could be disbarred Tuesday for smuggling out a hit list from her client, former your Black Muslim Bakery leader Yusef Bey IV.
Bey was convicted of ordering the murders of Oakland journalist Chauncey Bailey and two other men in 2007.
Attorneys for the State Bar of California are recommending that his initial lawyer Lorna Brown be stripped of her license.
She was suspended for two years for the offense in 2011. The Chauncey Bailey project revealed that Brown hid the hit list in his client's legal documents that guards weren't allowed to search.
Brown later admitted to the crime. None of the witnesses were ever harmed.
trials, crime, alameda county, oakland, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 39 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 42 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos