East Bay News
Vandal spray paints racist graffiti on woman's car
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police want to find the person who spray painted racist graffiti on a woman's car Tuesday morning.
The vandal targeted a white BMW coupe on 56th Street. The graffiti included at least two racial slurs. The car's owner, Gohn Marie McFadden, says she was awakened by the sounds of someone spray painting her car.
"I think it's ridiculous that we have people in this day and age walking around with this mentality. I grew up in this neighborhood. I've been here for over 40 years and I've never seen anything like this," she told ABC7 News.
The owner hasn't found out how much it will cost to have her car repainted.
oakland, crime, vandalism, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos