East Bay News
Rapper from SF killed in Oakland shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man who was fatally shot near the corner of 13th Street and Broadway in the heart of downtown Oakland on Tuesday night was identified by police today as 22-year-old Keith L. Head.
Head, a San Francisco resident, was a rapper who had performed under the name K.O. Da Bandit.
After the shooting was reported at 10:21 p.m. Tuesday, BART police temporarily shut down the 12th Street station to look for suspects, but have not made any arrests.
Police today also released the names of two other recent homicide victims.
A man who was found shot to death in the 900 block of 90th Avenue at about 8:15 a.m. on Monday was identified as 23-year-old Terrell Reams, of Stockton.
Another man who suffered fatal gunshot wounds outside a liquor store in the 9000 block of MacArthur Boulevard at about 4 p.m. Saturday was identified as 22-year-old Marcus L. Evans, of Oakland.
Evans was pronounced dead at a hospital at about 1 a.m. Sunday.
Oakland police haven't yet released the name of a woman who was fatally shot in the 2400 block of Foothill Boulevard at about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The Police Department has not released additional details about any of the cases.
oakland, BART, shooting, music, east bay news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 10 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view 12 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday