East Bay News
Livermore daycare workers accused of abuse to appear in court
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- Two sisters accused of abusing children at an East Bay daycare center are set to make their first court appearance Thursday afternoon.
Nazila Sharaf, 35, and Lida Sharaf, 33, face three counts each of felony child abuse and neglect.
The children affected are all under a year old.
Police say they uncovered evidence of dangerous swaddling methods at Universal Preschool, formerly known as "Sunnyside Infant and Preschool" in Livermore. Officials say this includes children bound so tightly they couldn't move or breathe properly.
The women are being held in the Alameda County jail.
livermore, children, child abuse, crime, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 51 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 52 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 32 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 37 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 55 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos