East Bay News
New door-knock burglaries hit East Bay
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- A new string of "door knock" burglaries is now being reported in the Bay Area.
ABC7 News has shown you how it works: someone rings your doorbell or knocks on your front door and if you don't answer, a team of burglars attempts to break into your home.
Video of this kind of burglary was taken in San Jose and there have been dozens reported on the peninsula.
Now we're getting word that homeowners in Fremont, San Leandro, and Hercules have fallen victim to this kind of scheme as well.
In San Leandro, two victims who were home at the time were held captive by the burglars as they ransacked the house.
fremont, hercules, san leandro, crime, east bay news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF 53 min ago
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown 45 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated 40 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tyler, the Creator plays sold-out show after jail
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 12 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 25 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Final words from jet came after system...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos