East Bay News
New door-knock burglaries hit East Bay
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- A new string of "door knock" burglaries is now being reported in the Bay Area.
ABC7 News has shown you how it works: someone rings your doorbell or knocks on your front door and if you don't answer, a team of burglars attempts to break into your home.
Video of this kind of burglary was taken in San Jose and there have been dozens reported on the peninsula.
Now we're getting word that homeowners in Fremont, San Leandro, and Hercules have fallen victim to this kind of scheme as well.
In San Leandro, two victims who were home at the time were held captive by the burglars as they ransacked the house.
fremont, hercules, san leandro, crime, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 52 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 39 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
9 min ago