East Bay News
Oakland woman fatally shot in front of 4-year-old son ID'd
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A woman who was fatally shot in front of her young son in North Oakland on Wednesday night has been identified as a 21-year-old San Leandro resident, according to Oakland police.
Donitra Henderson was shot near the corner of 54th Street and Shattuck Avenue around 8:40 p.m., police said.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
According to Oakland police Chief Howard Jordan, her 4-year-old son, Joshua, witnessed the shooting.
A receptionist at Laney College said Henderson was a student at the Oakland community college. She did not know of any memorial plans on campus being arranged to honor Henderson.
According to Henderson's LinkedIn web page she had enrolled at Laney College in 2012 and was expected to graduate in 2014.
On her Facebook page -- filled with photos of her with her son -- she listed she had attended Oakland Technical High School. Oakland Unified School District spokesman Troy Flint said she graduated from the high school in 2010.
oakland, OPD, shooting, crime, san leandro, children, reward, guns, violence, east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos