East Bay News
One killed, four injured in Hwy 13 rollover crash in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A female passenger was killed and four others injured when an SUV lost control on southbound state Highway 13 in Oakland Friday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The Toyota Sequoia was traveling south on Highway 13 around 3:46 p.m. just north of Redwood Road when it drifted to the center divider for an unknown reason, according CHP Officer Sam Morgan.
The driver over-corrected and lost control of the car, causing it to roll several times.
One person, a female passenger, was killed, and four others injured. Three people were transported to Highland Hospital, two in critical condition and one with minor injuries, and one was transported to Eden Medical Center with moderate injuries.
Investigators remained on scene and the left lane was blocked for several hours.
oakland, highway 13, crash, CHP, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season 44 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching 54 min ago
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket 37 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea 51 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos