East Bay News
Sketch of suspected Pittsburg kidnapper released
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- Pittsburg police were out in force again Saturday, looking for a man accused of grabbing a young child and trying to run off. Officers started going door-to-door with flyers of a sketch of the man police say tried to kidnap a little girl Friday afternoon.
Police hope the man in the flyer will look familiar to someone who can then help identify him.
The attempted kidnapping happened just before 2 p.m. at Snowflake Way and Rain Drop Circle. Police say the man walked up to a 2-year-old girl as she played in her driveway, grabbed her, and started running.
The child's mother screamed and chased the suspect, who then dropped the little girl in some bushes and kept running. Though traumatized, the child was not physically hurt.
Police have been searching this neighborhood since Friday for clues. Special search dogs were also brought in to try to catch the suspect's scent.
In the meantime, those who live nearby admit they're scared and worried about the children in this neighborhood.
"There are other little kids around the neighborhood and it does make me wonder, I don't know what these people have in mind," resident Tony Williams said. "Or, uh, whatever, what you'd do with a kid, but it is a little concerning and I will keep an eye out for him."
Police are also going to businesses along Willow Pass Road, which is less than a mile away. Store owners there are posting the flyer in their windows as well.
Authorities have released a sketch of the man they're looking for. He's described as a white male in his 30s, clean shaven with collar-length dirty blond hair. He was wearing blue jeans and a green shirt. They believe the man may be driving a mid-90's maroon or burgundy Ford Explorer.
If you think you know who this person is, please call the Pittsburg police at the tip line number because the biggest concern now is that he'll try to kidnap another child. Police believe that if the man is not caught, he will strike again.
Pittsburg Police Tip Line: (925) 427-7369
pittsburg, child abduction, children, east bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 18 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 3 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
16 min ago